Friday, March 28, 2014

The Chase For 500 Training Log 3/24-3/27

So I decide to write my workouts in a formats that's much easier to read. Honestly, I have no clue why I was writing it in paragraph form before, but I'm changing that now. Any notes I have I'll just write next to the exercise or somewhere nearby.

Day 1- Deadlift/Back/Bi's
Deadlift 3x4@385lbs(83%), 3x4@380(80%). I messed up with the calculations and went a little too heavy on the first three sets. 5lbs may not make too much of a difference, but I was only able to hit 3 reps on my last set rather than all 4. These were brutal, I felt as if every muscle of my body wanted death after the 6th set.
B1. Yates Row 3x10. Just went with one plate on each side and really retracted the shoulder blades. I didn't want to do traditional rows because my core was pretty shot. See also; laziness.
B2. Lat Pulldown 3x12. First two I went wide grip, last set was closed to focus on the lower lats a little more.
DB Shrugs 3x10. Moderately heavy with the focus being a 2-3second hold at the top, hold for max length after last rep for some static grip work.
Arnold "Cheat" Curls 4x5. There's a difference between doing cheat curls like an idiot (ie. 90% of males in America) and doing them with a purpose. Focused on moving heavy went and a strict 4 second negative. If done properly these will be a real son of a b.
Concentration Curls 3x12. Went light with full extension and full squeeze, very little rest in between sets.

Day 2- Chest/Should/Tri's
Bench Press 5x8. Nothing crazy here, just regular bench press.
B1. Incline Bench Press 3x8
B2. Incline DB Flies 3x12 Really focusing on the negative stretch with these.
Standing Arnold Press 4x8-10. Haven't worked with these in a while so I started off shoulders heavy.
Stand DB Press 3x12-15. For just about all of my OVHD work I go full ROM like you're supposed to, however my weakest point is the lockout so I've been adding in some half rep DB presses to help with that. The tricep pump is strong with this one.
Lateral Raises 4x12. 15sec rest in between sets, don't use hips to get it up.
Skullcrusher 3x10
1-Arm OVHD Ext 3x8-10 SS w/ Rope Pulldown 3x12-15. No rest.

Day 3- Squat/Legs
Another heavy squat day that I loved oh so much.
Squat 6x4@300lbs(82%). Didn't have a spotter for any of these but still managed to knock em out. Last few sets were a little bit shaky but I'd consider it a win.
Lunges 4x12. Alternating between forward lunges one set and backwards the next. Used DB's to get some grip work in because why not.
Barbell Hip Thrust 3x10-12. Never do these while looking someone in the eye. Great exercise, though.
D1. Calf Raise 3x8 2-2-2 tempo
D2. Standing Cable Crunch 3x12

I took a rest day before doing day 3, my back was pretty shot from Day 1 so rather than going halfassed with the squats I gave it more time to recover. Adaptive training will keep you alive, always listen to your body.






No comments:

Post a Comment