Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Chase For 500 Training Log 3/29-3/30

This one's going to be pretty quick because I have other things going on in life that I need to attend to urgently (breakfast).

Day 4 - Deadlift Variation/Back/Bi's
Rack Pull Deadlifts 4x8. Below the knee, really heavy and obnoxious.
Snatch Pulls 4x10. Self explanatory, held for a second or 2 squeeze at the top.
Pullups 3xamrap. First two sets wide-grip, third close grip.
Standing cable row 2-3x15. Don't remember how many sets I did, but really retract the shoulder blades.
BB Curl 3x8
DB Curl 2x10 Superset w/ Vitality Curls 2x12-15. I don't exactly know what the curls are called, but they're basically a standing cable curl.

Day 5 - OVHD/Chest/Tri's
Stand OVHD Press 5x8. Slightly heavier than last week, felt much easier though. Shoulders are finally coming along like they're supposed to.
Landmine Press 4x12.12.10.8. I never really have done landmine presses so I decided to experiment with them. Honestly, they weren't bad but they weren't great. I liked how I was able to go heavy and get a good burn, however my triceps felt like they were being worked just as hard as my shoulders. This isn't a bad thing at all, however I would've done a viper press if I were trying to focus triceps.
Lateral Raise SS/Facepulls 3x12. For the raises I used light weight and long holds at the top. 5 second holds first set, 4 second holds 2nd set, etc.
DB Bench Press 4x12. The UCONN game was getting distracting at this point, I just needed the workout to be over.
Incline DB Bench 3x10 Superset w/ Cable Crossovers 3x15
DB OVHD Ext 3x8. Real heavy, slow negative.
Close-grip Bench 3x8 Superset w/DB Skullcrushers 3x12-15. This was solid for me because I was able to go pretty heavy on the CG for my last exercise of the workout. It's a solid indicator that my triceps are getting significantly stronger. The superset caused an awesome pump too, and the skullcrushers actually felt more difficult than the bench.

Day 6 - Front Squat/Legs
Front Squat 5.5.5.3.3. Started light around 160 and added 10lbs to each set, working up to a heavy triple.
Front Squat Iso Hold 3x1. Load the bar with slightly more than your 1RM, unrack it in the front squat position, hold for 5 seconds and rerack. It's that simple. These are relatively easy and help develop upper back strength so adding them in after a front squat workout can help in a lot of ways.
Paused Back Squat 3x5. Same as always, 3second hold in the hole, explode up.
Standing Leg Curl 2x8slow negs. Didn't time the negatives but these were 1-leg at a time and really slow.
DB Calf Raise 3x10. The calf raise machine was in use by 3 kids more focused on what they wore to the gym than lifting so I had to use DB's. While not as effective as the calf machine, I was still able to get a few sets in.
1 min plank.


I've been doing a lot of conditioning lately I don't just include it in the log. There's really no reason as to why this is, just know that I'm not one of those people who solely weightlifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment